Whether you’re launching a business in a new market or simply expanding, our highly experienced team together with our network of partners, assist you with the structuring of your operating, investment vehicles and the facilitation of your business operations.
- Corporate structuring
- Corporate formation (Domestic, GBC, ACs, IBCs, CSLs & other foreign entities)
- Corporate migration and re-domiciliation
- Corporate Secretarial, administration & Accounting
- Directorship services
- Registered office & registered agents
LEARN ABOUT THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COMPANIES
A company holding a Global Business Licence Category 1 (commonly referred to as GBC) may either be locally incorporated or be registered as a branch of a foreign company. A foreign company may be re-domiciled and continue as a Mauritian GBC 1 if the foreign law so permits. A GBC can conduct both financial services and non-financial services. A specific licence is required for different types of “financial services” and “financial services business”. A GBC 1Licence is necessary where the company intends to access Mauritius”s network of tax treaties. A company holding a GBC 1licence is subject to Mauritian corporate income tax at the rate of 15% which is mitigated by the Foreign Tax Credit of 80%, making the effective tax rate of 3%.
An Authorised Company (AC) is a company where the majority of shares or voting rights or the legal or beneficial interest in a company incorporated under the Companies Act are held or controlled, as the case may be, by a person who is not a citizen of Mauritius.
An AC shall hold a licence issued by the Financial Services Commission, the regulator in Mauritius.
The following conditions shall be met to be categorised as an AC:
- proposes to conduct or conducts business principally outside Mauritius (under certain activities)
- has its place of effective management outside Mauritius
- an application for an authorisation shall be made through a Management Company
- It should be administered by a Management Company
- It should have a registered agent in Mauritius which shall be a Management Company
ACs are used for investment holding purposes including Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPV”),international trading,real estate, international management and consultancy, holding of non-financial assets and ship & aircraft leasing. An AC is treated as a non-resident for tax purposes in Mauritius and is required to file a return of income to the Mauritius Revenue Authority within 6 months of its year end.