Mauritius has recently introduced a Premium Travel Visa, valid for a period of one year, renewable, to welcome digital nomads, retirees seeking a safe haven from the coronavirus pandemic and professionals who are looking for a change of scene for themselves and their families.
The highest sanitary standards and protocols are being maintained to ensure the sanitary safety of visitors as well as nationals and to ensure that Mauritius remains a COVID-safe destination.
Do I qualify?
To qualify for the Premium Visa, interested visitors should produce proof of their long stay plans and sufficient travel and health insurance for the initial period of stay while meeting the following criteria:
- the applicants should not enter the Mauritius Labour Market;
- the main place of business and source of income and profits should be outside Mauritius;
- documentary evidence to support application such as purpose of visit, accommodation etc.; and
- other basic immigration requirements.
What do I need?
- All arrivals to the island must undergo a 14-day quarantine combined with a pre-departure PCR test, arrival test and follow-up tests on seven and 14 days.
How to book your quarantine accommodation?
- The Mauritian Tourism Promotion Authority (MTPA) has an online reservation platform facilitating any reservation for quarantine accomodation for the period to be requested. Please follow the link https://booking.mymauritius.travel/ to make a reservation.
DMSL is here to advise you. Feel free to contact us.